Wonder what traders are talking about today?
We’re here with the top 10 stories we’re sharing with colleagues today, covering topics like:
So check out these links right now and get up to speed:
1) Fed Inflation Debate Finds Some Officials on Rate-Hike Fence (Bloomberg)
Federal Reserve officials held a detailed debate last month over whether forces holding inflation down were persistent or temporary, with several policy makers looking for stronger evidence of price gains before supporting a third interest-rate hike this year.
2) Vanguard is nearing the $5 trillion milestone — but here’s where the rush could end (MarketWatch)
Given how this market shakes and shakes it off, another record for the Dow may well be in the offing.
It’s no secret, then, that this can’t-go-wrong bull market has pumped up the demand for low-cost, passive mutual funds and ETFs.
3) 9 Tips for Picking the Right Stocks for Swing Trading (T3 Live)
As a swing trader, one of the most important decisions you’ll every make is choosing which stocks to trade.
You can learn all the winning setups in the world, but if you trade the wrong stocks, you’re going to lose money.
4) Spain takes step toward direct rule over Catalonia’s independence move (Reuters)
Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy took the first step on Wednesday toward suspending Catalonia’s political autonomy and ruling the region directly to thwart a push for independence.
5) Ethereum First: Investment Product Opens for Trading on Nasdaq Exchange (CoinDesk)
A first-of-its-kind investment product focused on ethereum is now open to investors on the Nasdaq Stockholm exchange.
Announced today, CoinShares, headed by former JPMorgan Chase trader Daniel Masters, is launching an exchange-traded note (ETN) for ether, the cryptocurrency that powers the ethereum blockchain.
6) FX Markets Are Stuck in Low-Volatility Quicksand With No Escape (Bloomberg)
Currency markets are trapped by low volatility and only a fundamental break of historic proportions can shake them free.
Foreign exchange trading has become significantly less responsive to shocks, and when currencies do react it typically isn’t long before they go calm again, according to a study by Bank of America Corp.’s Alice Leng.
7) 8 Interviews with 8 Top Traders (T3 Live)
One of T3 Live’s most successful content features has been our “Meet the Traders” series, which gives you the backstories of our top traders and educators.
8) Investors giving ‘cash incineration engine’ Tesla a lot of rope, but may soon lose patience (CNBC)
Tesla shares have crushed the market’s performance for years, but patience is starting to run thin among some investors after Chairman and CEO Elon Musk’s too ambitious Model 3 production goals.
9) Market Wizard Tony Saliba on Options Trading (HowMuch.com)
The Market Wizards books blew my mind. The original book was one of the first ones I read on trading when I jumped into the industry in 1998. And Tony was the only options trader profiled.
10) Tips for Success from Billionaire Richard Branson (The Tim Ferriss Show/YouTube)
Podcaster Tim Ferriss sits down with billionaire Richard Branson for a wideranging discussion on everything from coping with dyslexia, PR stunts, and even Bitcoin.