Wonder what traders are talking about today?
We’re here with the top 10 stories we’re sharing with colleagues today, covering topics like:
So check out these links right now and get up to speed:
1) Fed raises rates, unveils cuts to bond holdings in sign of confidence (Reuters)
The Federal Reserve raised interest rates on Wednesday for the second time in three months, citing continued U.S. economic growth and job market strength, and announced it would begin cutting its holdings of bonds and other securities this year.
2) Dutch Speed-Trader Turns to Currencies After Conquering ETFs (Bloomberg)
The 110 traders here, along with 30 colleagues in offices elsewhere, traded €640 billion ($719 billion) in ETFs last year and at least that much in futures, commodities, bonds, stocks, and foreign exchange.
3) 7 Things You Should Know Before You Short a Stock (T3 Live)
The stock market is the greatest wealth creation machine ever created.
But every so often, you’re going to be tempted to bet against the market, or a particular stock or ETF.
4) Regulation Is Only Hope For Bitcoin: Morgan Stanley (The Cointelegraph)
In a move that’s certain to irk lovers of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, Morgan Stanley came out with a statement on Tuesday calling for greater governmental control and regulation.
5) Gangsters, Grandmothers and Gold: Japan’s New Crime Wave (NY Times)
Sometimes the perpetrators are gangsters. Sometimes they are rather less accustomed to the criminal life. In one case, the ringleader of a middle-aged, female crime ring was said to be a 66-year-old woman.
6) Vintage Wall Street: The Paul Tudor Jones Documentary ‘Trader’ (T3 Live)
Paul Tudor Jones, founder of Tudor Investment Corporation, is one of the greatest traders of all time.
In the 1987 documentary Trader, PBS takes us inside Jones’ world of high-stakes, practically 24/7 trading.
7) Oil drops to 7-month low, roiled by bearish U.S. inventory report (MarketWatch)
Oil prices dropped to their lowest settlement in seven months Wednesday, after U.S. government data showed a smaller-than-expected weekly decline in domestic supplies and an increase in gasoline stockpiles and crude production.
8) Virtual Reality’s Missing Element: Other People (MIT Technology Review)
Although it looks as if it must feel isolating to strap on a headset that shuts out the world around you, it could be great for socializing.
9) General Motors Just Became the First Car Manufacturer to Mass Produce Autonomous Cars (Futurism)
There’s a potential new major player in the autonomous vehicle industry, and its a seasoned player in the automotive market. Veteran car maker General Motors (GM) announced Tuesday that it’s completed 10 self-driving test vehicles of its Chevrolet Bolt electric vehicle (EV).
10) Prove Everyone Wrong (YouTube)
The bigger your dream is, the earlier you’ll have to get up. Watch this video and get motivated for success!